Dear member of the AAFCP:
As your President, I wanted to share with you the following information:
– At the end of April, I had the opportunity to teach a web based session with one of our CFCE, Mandy Cox. In May, I spoke at an EP II that was hosted in St Louis and included CFCEs Alia Keyes, Diane Daly, and Ann Prebil. In listening to our CFCEs speak, and considering the feedback that I received as a physician speaker, I realize how much we have to learn from and give to each other as team members in the great work that we do to help our women, couples and families.
– The PowerPoint of our April web based presentation “Chronic Discharges” is now available on our website under the Member Portal, Member Resources. Our hope is to have the audio/video of the presentations available as well.
– Under the News section of our website, we have begun a Legislative Update section.
– We have established an e-mail announcement archive in the Member Portal of the AAFCP web site (scroll down toward the bottom of the Member Portal page.) Whenever an e-mail goes out to membership, we will post it to the archive for easier future reference.
– If you have suggestions for our web site, please use the Website Content Submission Form located on the Member Portal page
– I ask that you keep our international members in your thoughts and prayers and support them in whatever way that you can. I was reading about the challenges that are faced by some of our Academy members in Africa (http://stlouisreview.com/
– A final thought: please continue to share with students, health care professionals, women and couples the clinical science, knowledge and values on which the Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY are based. This includes knowing the product and packaging the message in a way that is factual and attractive. Our motivation is simple: we want women and their families to have the very best in health, and we want the care that they receive to maintain that health to be respectful, comprehensive, safe, and effective!
Thanks for all you do and feel free to write me with questions or comments.
Peter Danis, MD, CFCMC